clean eating june
This is completely accurate.
For the rest of the month of June I am going to try my hardest to eat clean 80% of the time. I cannot commit to 100% because there’s a couple weekends I’ll be traveling and will have to rely on healthy, yet processed snacks to get me through the weekend.
So Monday-Friday I will be choosing to eat clean and be a little more lenient on the weekends.
What does this mean I’ll be eating?
- Focus on foods that give you the biggest bang for your buck: fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, legumes, whole grains, and essential fatty acids (EFAs).
- Lean protein sources: skinless chicken breast, salmon, tilapia, cod, mahi mahi, tuna, shrimp, turkey breast, elk, bison, grass-fed beef, egg whites + eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, kefir, organic milk, nondairy milk, tofu, tempeh, protein powder
- Whole grain/Strachy Carbs: oats (groats, steel cut and rolled/old fashioned), buckwheat, quinoa, teff, farro, whole grain barley, whole grain cream of wheat, millet, sweet potatoes, potatoes, corn
- EFAs: salmon, extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, almond oil, coconut oil and butter, flaxseeds, chia seeds, almonds, cashews, walnuts, grass-fed beef, nut and seed butter
How I’ll do it?
1200-1600 calories Daily
80% Clean Eating
5-6 meals daily
Sample day of meals:
- Breakfast: 1 egg, 3 whites, 1 cup spinach; 1 cup fruit
- Snack: 1 slice Ezekiel bread, 1 Tablespoon natural nut butter, 1 scoop protein powder
- Post-Workout: 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup fruit
- Lunch: 5 ounces skinless chicken breast, 4 ounce sweet potato, 1 cup broccoli
- Snack: 8 ounces plain/nonfat Greek Yogurt, 1 ounce raw almonds
- Dinner: 4 ounces wild salmon or tilapia, 1 cup steamed veggies
Want to join me?
I’ll be posting my meals daily on another page.